Amanda lives in Portishead with her family of four children, fourteen
year old Labrador Holly, two year old Standard Poodle Rocco
and Bluebell the Ragdoll cat.
She Dog walking in January 2014 and over these years spent time working with hundreds of dogs and their owners. Amanda enjoyed observing the dog’s behaviour and interactions and realised that to be a responsible dog walker, one must arm themselves with lots of knowledge. This started her journey into the world of dog training.
Amanda has an extensive list of CPD:
- Sarah Whitehouse online training academy
- Victoria Stillwell’s Academy
- Absolute Dogs Training academy in 2017 and completed their certified Pro Dog Trainer course in 2018.
- Student member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers working towards final assessment.
- Completed the APDT part one foundation course in 2019
- Completed the APDT part two advanced course in 2020.
- Four week recall course with Kaye Atwell.
- School of Canine Science Puppy Lab course
- School of Canine Science 30 Days of Canine Science course
- Currently studying School of Canine Science three year Behaviour Bible course and Scent for Six
- Frequently watch webinars from speakers such as The Dog Training College, APDT,
Chirag Patel, Julie Nailsworth, Suzanne Clothier and Roz Pooley to name a few.
- Currently volunteer for the Dogs Trust Dog School, starting January 2020
assisting in puppy, adolescent and rescue classes.
- Shadowing Roz Pooley on 121 sessions and in puppy classes.