For four years I worked full time as a dog walker for my own business and walking thousands of groups of dogs put me in a great position to observe them and learn about their behaviour.
I actively keep myself up to date with modern research on canine behaviour by attending various courses, seminars and conferences.
Some of my practical CPD is listed below, this does not include theory based seminars for which there are too many to list!
- A diploma (merit) in canine behaviour with the British College of Canine Studies
- A diploma (merit) in canine aggression with Compass Education
- A diploma in canine applied zoopharmacognosy
- A certificate for seven days up close and personal tuition with the Norweigan dog expert Turid Rugaas.
- A certificate of attendance for 3 days study at Turid Rugaas’ dog trainer school in the Netherlands (Focus of unit reactivity & stress).
- A Certificate for full attendance at the Sheila Harper IDBTS 2013-2014
- Two day Foundation Tracking workshop with Pat Tagg
- Two day dog-dog Tracking workshop with Pat Tagg
- Dognostics Fun Scent Games Instructor Certificate
- Certificate of attendance for the Life Skills for Puppies course (with The University of Lincoln)
- Certificate for Completion of Level 1, 2 & 3 Practical Training Skills with Chirag Patel (Chicken Workshop)
- Certificate for Completion of Practical Skills 4 day workshop with Chirag Patel and the legendary Bob Bailey
- Certificate of attendance for the 7 day puppy instructor course with Chirag Patel
- Certificate of attendance for the 5 day practical ABA (applied behaviour analysis course) with Susan Friedman and Chirag Patel at Yorkshire Wildlife Park (working with exotic species).
- Two day husbandry workshop with Chirag Patel
- Canine first aid certificate
- Canine Emmett practioner Levels 1,2, & 3 (EP1, EP2, EP3)
- Into Dogs Membership (Full Practitioner)
- PPG Membership (Pet Professional Guild)
- ISAP Membership
- Studying Diploma in Nutrition (Centre of Excellence)
- Studying Advanced Diploma in Canine Behaviour (Compass Education)
- Studying PG Cert in Clinical Animal Behaviour (Edinburgh University)