It can be embarrassing and incredibly upsetting when your dog lunges and barks at other dogs, people, cars, bikes, cats etc. It’s also very stressful for your dog and even stressful for those on the receiving end of their behaviour.
Roz & Claire frequently work with reactive dogs to help them learn to choose more socially acceptable behaviours. Infact, dog-dog practicals are Roz’s favourite thing to teach!
We have a team of helper dogs and human assistants at the ready to assist in training when necessary.
To tackle the problem effectively an intensive and thorough behaviour modification program is offered:
- In depth assessment and individualised training plans
- Written report and extensive hand outs along with video tutorials where appropriate
- The option for frequent sessions with other dogs/people
- We even offer intensive training programs where we can step in and do the training for you. You can accompany these sessions or we can do it while you are at work.
- Ongoing support
- We try to avoid doing one-off sessions, as few problems can be resolved in an instant. If you are cautious of booking a package please let us know and we can discuss options with you.
Vet Referral: Required, most vets are happy to fill in the form if they’ve seen your dog recently.
Areas Covered: Bristol and North Somerset
Assessment £250.00 (including VAT), average time 1.5-2.5 hours total
Assessment & Follow up: £350.00 (including VAT), average time 3-4.5 hours total
Pay per session (after initial assessment and first follow up) £48 per hour (including VAT)
Over Reactivity Package: £550.00 (including VAT). Includes assessment, a total of six practical sessions and intensive coaching with email/phone support. Average time 8-9 hours in total.
Intensive Training Program: £580.00 (including VAT). Includes assessment, a total of five x 1 hour practical sessions (which we can do for you if you wish) and a hand over session. Intensive coaching with email/phone support. Average time 8-9 hours in total.
Intensive Training is useful for a variety of scenarios. Such as when the problem behaviour is beyond your level of skill, or you get anxious handling, or you are too busy to fit the training in. We are very experienced in handling over reactive dogs and more than comfortable in helping give your training a push in the right direction by doing the handling for you until you feel comfortable to take over.
As qualified professionals our costs may be covered by your insurance.