It can be embarrassing and incredibly upsetting when your dog lunges and barks at other dogs, people, cars, bikes, cats etc. It’s very stressful for your dog and unpleasant or scary for those on the receiving end of their behaviour.
The Team frequently work with reactive dogs to help them learn to choose more socially acceptable behaviours. Infact, dog-dog practicals are Roz’s favourite thing to teach! We have a team of helper dogs and human assistants at the ready to assist in training when necessary.
To tackle the problem effectively an intensive and thorough behaviour modification program is offered:
- Access to all of our webinars and relevant hand-outs to help you get started.
- Pre-assessment/pre-appointment feedback and tasks. Once you hand in all of your paperwork, we get the process going as soon as we can while you wait for your session. We’ll go through your case and give you things to work on.
- In-depth assessment and individualised training plans
- Written report and extensive hand-outs along with video tutorials where appropriate.
- The option for regular sessions with other dogs/people.
- We even offer intensive training programs where we can step in and do the training for you. You can accompany us on the sessions or we can do it while you are at work.
- Ongoing support for 3 months after the last session
- We try to avoid doing one-off sessions, as few problems can be resolved so quickly. If you are cautious of booking a package, book an assessment and first follow-up first and we can then go from there.
Vet Referral: Required, most vets are happy to fill in the form if they’ve seen your dog recently. If you haven’t been to your vets recently, please take your dog for a health check, especially if the behaviour change is recent.
Areas Covered: Bristol and North Somerset
As a full CAB APBC member, Roz’s costs will likely be covered by your insurance. All Claire and Emily’s cases are overseen by Roz.
Assessment £350.00 (including VAT),
Pre-assessment notes: 30-45 mins, in person or zoom assessment 1.5-2 hours.
Assessment & First Follow up: £440.00 (including VAT),
Pre-assessment notes: 30-45 mins, in person or zoom assessment 1.5-2 hours, first follow up 1-1.5 hours.
Pay per session (after initial assessment and first follow up) £50 per hour (including VAT)
Over Reactivity Package: £640.00 (including VAT).
Pre-assessment notes: 30-45 mins, in person or zoom assessment 1.5-2 hours, 6 x practical sessions 1 hour.
Intensive Training Program: £670.00 (including VAT).
Pre-assessment notes: 30-45 mins, in person or zoom assessment 1.5-2 hours, 5 x practical sessions 1 hour and a 1-1.5 hour hand-over/wrap up session.
Intensive Training is useful for a variety of scenarios. Such as when the problem behaviour is beyond your level of skill, if you feel anxious when handling, or you are too busy to fit the training in. We are very experienced in handling over-reactive dogs and more than comfortable in helping give your training a push in the right direction by doing everything for you until you feel comfortable to take over.
For those who are vulnerable/ sheilding:
Isolation may be the ideal time to get a grasp on your dog’s behaviour problem and train foundation behaviours!
Single assessment (zoom/teams/skype/phone). Price £325.00
Pre-assessment notes: 30-45 mins, zoom assessment 1.5-2 hours,