**Please see at the bottom for our updated information on classes taking recent events (Corona Virus) into consideration- we are still running classes but in a modified format!**
A word on socialisation: During these difficult times it can be challenging to know how best to socialise your puppy. It is crucial that you find a way, whilst staying safe, to help your puppy get use to the world and those who occupy it. If you are unsure of what to do we can help with a phone/skyype consult- please drop us an email.
Why choose us?
- The only class in Bristol to limit their numbers to four puppies with two trainers present, with this ratio attendees get plenty of one on one coaching.
- The course content is overseen by Roz, a Clinical Animal Behaviourist. Livvy and Rachel are head coaches and you can read more about them under the ‘about us’ section.
- We have our own training center in Bedminster (BS3) which is kitted out with pups in mind. No slippery floors, lots of enrichment and your pup’s own safe training space.
- Attendees receive support before, during and after the course.
Our classes concentrate on the things we consider to be of utmost importance in a dog’s life: developing social and life skills, building confidence, staying safe and maintaining positive well being.
- The minimum age for attendance is 8.5-9 weeks old. (Max age 18 weeks)
- We follow the same guide lines as Lincoln University and accept pups on our courses a week after their first course of vaccinations. You do not need to wait for their second course of vaccinations to start. It is important that pups start gradually experiencing the world outside before 12 weeks of age. The ‘sensitive socialisation’ period is 8-16 weeks of age, but the window starts to close quickly at 12-14 weeks.
- In class you will both learn: ‘settle’, loose leash walking, handling/husbandry, recall, waiting for doors (house and car), drop/give, food manners, hand target/’touch’ and how to interact calmly and politely with dogs and people (including not jumping).
- We kick off with an owner intro class where we discuss common behaviour problems, prepare you for class and answer any questions
- Video tutorials and written notes presented in a 40 page training manual so you don’t have to memorise everything!
- Exclusive access to our private puppy support group on facebook.
- All attendees get a goodie bag with a lead, treats and liki mat.
- Invitation to join up our advanced puppy class course once you have completed the foundation class.
- 10% off 1-2-1 training sessions if you’d like to get things going before the course starts or if you require a top up once it finishes.
Course fee: £85.00 (6 classes/lessons, book & goody bag). If the menu below doesn’t let you select a date/time then it means it’s fully booked, sorry!
To book: Please book via acuity below, just select the WEEKDAY & TIME SLOT you’d like. This will automatically sign you up to the 6 classes (owner intro, 4 classroom practicals, outdoor class)
May classes– we are not listing these classes until we have an idea of whether lockdown continues into May or whether social distancing is permitted. We will then make an informed decision on how best to proceed.
Corona Format for Classes– due to social distancing advice we (and the majority of those who run classes) feel it is in the best interests of everyone to not do training in a classroom. BUT! We have options!
This is subject to change depending on how things unfold- but we have plans B, C & D to make sure those who sign up do not feel short changed. Refunds can be given to anyone who has signed up but does not feel comfortable with the updated format.
If things level out mid-course we can switch to the usual classroom format or consider running an outdoor class (weather permitting).
Option 1: 5 x online classes (owner intro and 4 x practical classes), plus online support/coaching, a digital puppy book and a goody bag you can collect from the store (we can have posted or delivered if we can get it to you!) Price £60.00
We have already run an online class where attendees watch the coach whilst training their puppy at home and the coach watches the students train.
You are also encouraged to record your exercises (one at a time so it’s not one huge film to download) and either upload them to the puppy support facebook page for feedback or whatsapp them to us for private review. You are also encouraged to film your puppy socialising or experiencing the outside world so we can provide feedback on their social experiences.
If you’d like this option please go to Acuity Box Number 1 to book below. Select the WEEKDAY you’d like to do your virtual classes on (owner intro is 6-7.30pm Weds 1st April)
If you would like everything but the goody bag- drop us an email and we can set up your attendance for £48.00. Historically all attendees have found the contents of the goody bag really useful, but you’re welcome to reduce costs by not having one.
Option 2: The same as option 1 but with an additional 45 minute 1-2-1 skype or phone consult with Roz or Rachel. Here we can specifically advise on socialisation during this difficult time but also answer any specific questions you may have. Price £85.00
If you’d like this option please go to Acuity Box Number 2 to book below. Select the WEEKDAY you’d like to do your virtual classes on (owner intro is 6-7.30pm Weds 1st April) and arrange your 1-2-1s via email.
If you would like everything but the goody bag- drop us an email and we can set up your attendance for £73.00. Historically all attendees have found the contents of the goody bag really useful, but you’re welcome to reduce costs by not having one.
April 2020 Classes
Owner Intro for all classes: 6-7.30pm Wednesday 1st April 2020 (no pups attending)
This is an important part of the course- please try and attend. We do not repeat this class for those that cannot come, sorry.
Practical classes: Wednesdays
6.45pm 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th April
Acuity box number 1 for option 1!
Acuity Box number 2 for option 2!