Why choose us?
- The only class in Bristol to limit their numbers to four puppies with two trainers present, with this ratio attendees get plenty of one on one coaching.
- Head trainer, Roz Pooley, has attended the highly acclaimed Life Skills for Puppies course at Lincoln University & the intensive 7 day puppy instructors course with Chirag Patel and continues to attend courses and seminars so she is up to date on modern research in dog behaviour.
- Assistant trainer Livvy has attended Chirag Patel’s 7 day puppy instructor course.
- We have our own training center in Bedminster (BS3) which is full of interesting and stimulating things that pups can explore safetly while in the company of others. This gentle exploration increases confidence and aids the development of the brain.
- All attendees receive support before, during and after the course with any problems they may be experiencing.
The Mutty Professor offers puppy classes that concentrate on the things we consider to be of utmost importance in a dog’s life: developing social and life skills, building confidence, staying safe and maintaining general health and well being.
- The minimum age for attendance is 8 weeks old. (Max age 18 weeks)
- Pups must have started their vaccinations to attend the course and must have had their first course of vaccinations one week prior to the first puppy practical class.
We follow the same guide lines as Lincoln University and accept pups on our courses after their first course of vaccinations. You do not need to wait for their second course of vaccinations to start.
It is important that pups start gradually experiencing the world outside before 12 weeks of age. The ‘critical socialisation’ period is 8-16 weeks of age.
- In class you will both learn: ‘settle’, loose leash walking, handling/husbandry, recall, waiting for doors (house and car), drop/give, food manners, hand target/’touch’ and how to interact calmly and politely with dogs and people (including not jumping).
- Owner intro class where we discuss common behaviour problems, prepare you for class and answer any questions
- Later on each course we take classes outside into the real world so students can apply our training in ‘the wild’.
- Video tutorials and written notes presented in a training manual emailed to help with homework
- Exclusive access to our private puppy support group on facebook.
- Our 24 page digital book on prevention of puppy problem behaviour and training.
- All attendees get a goodie bag full of things that will help you manage and train your pup successfully. A kong (to help them be calm and to keep them mentally stimulated), a lead (because successful loose leash walking requires the right type of leash), high value treats (because your treat bag will need lots of treats in it!) and a natural puppy safe chew.
- Invitation to join up our advanced puppy class course once you have completed the foundation class.
Our course fee is £78.00
This total includes a goody bag, hand outs, class notes, an owner induction class (where we talk about canine behaviour and common puppy problems) and four practical training classes.
March 2018 Classes: Fully booked
April 2018 Classes:
Owner Intro: 6-7.30pm Wednesday 28th March
Practical classes: Thursdays 6pm
5th, 12th, 19th April & Sunday 22nd April 11.30am ‘In The Wild’ class!
ADVANCED PUPPY COURSE:
For puppies over 16 weeks of age
- Must have completed our foundation puppy class course or completed 2 x 1 hour one-one training sessions with Livvy or Roz
- Progress onto more advanced exercises: Stay, food on the floor ‘leave it’, loose leash walking, higher distraction recall, more advanced husbandry behaviours such as voluntary nail trimming
- Final ‘In the Wild’ class where we apply everything to real life scenarios.
Course fee: £65.00
Course fee includes: Hand outs, Video tutorials, Exclusive access to online facebook puppy support page,