Why choose us?
- The only class in Bristol to limit their numbers to four puppies with two trainers present, with this ratio attendees get plenty of one on one coaching.
- Roz has completed the highly acclaimed Life Skills for Puppies course at Lincoln University. Roz & Livvy have attended the intensive 7 day puppy instructors course with Chirag Patel.
- We have our own training center in Bedminster (BS3) which is kitted out with pups in mind. No slippery floors, lots of enrichment and your pup’s own safe training space.
- Attendees receive support before, during and after the course.
Our classes concentrate on the things we consider to be of utmost importance in a dog’s life: developing social and life skills, building confidence, staying safe and maintaining health and well being.
- The minimum age for attendance is 9 weeks old. (Max age 18 weeks)
- We follow the same guide lines as Lincoln University and accept pups on our courses a week after their first course of vaccinations. You do not need to wait for their second course of vaccinations to start. It is important that pups start gradually experiencing the world outside before 12 weeks of age. The ‘critical socialisation’ period is 8-16 weeks of age, but the window starts to close quickly at 12-14 weeks.
- In class you will both learn: ‘settle’, loose leash walking, handling/husbandry, recall, waiting for doors (house and car), drop/give, food manners, hand target/’touch’ and how to interact calmly and politely with dogs and people (including not jumping).
- We kick off with an owner intro class where we discuss common behaviour problems, prepare you for class and answer any questions
- Video tutorials and written notes presented in a 40 page training manual so you don’t have to memorise everything!
- Exclusive access to our private puppy support group on facebook.
- All attendees get a goodie bag with a lead, treats and kong
- Invitation to join up our advanced puppy class course once you have completed the foundation class.
Course fee: £85.00 (6 classes/lessons, book & goody bag). If the menu below doesn’t let you select a date/time then it means it’s fully booked, sorry!
October Classes– fully booked
November classes– please carefully observe the dates, week break due to fireworks!
Owner Intro: 6-7.30pm Monday 21st October
Practical classes: Wednesdays
6pm 30th October, 13th, 20th, 28th November
7.15pm 30th October, 13th, 20th, 28th November
Last class: Sunday 24th November 11.30am
Practical classes: Thursdays
6pm 31st October, 14th, 21st, 29th November
7.15pm 31st October, 14th, 21st, 29th November
Last class: Sunday 24th November 12.45pm
Practical classes: Saturdays
10.30am 2nd , 9th, 16th, 23rd November
Last class: Sunday 24th November 11.30am or 12.45pm
To book: Please book via acuity below, just select the WEEKDAY & TIME SLOT you’d like. This will automatically sign you up to the 6 classes (owner intro, 4 classroom practicals, outdoor class)
ADVANCED PUPPY COURSE:
For puppies over 18 weeks of age
- Must have completed our foundation puppy class course or completed 2 x 1 hour one-one training sessions with Livvy or Roz
- Progress onto more advanced exercises: Stay, food on the floor ‘leave it’, loose leash walking, higher distraction recall, more advanced husbandry behaviours such as voluntary nail trimming
Course fee: £60.00
Course fee includes: Hand outs, Video tutorials, Exclusive access to online facebook puppy support page
Dates & Times: view and book via Acuity below
October/Nov group please note your dates are: Oct 22nd, 29th and Nov 12th and 19th. This is due to fireworks week!